It’s a great honor that I get to wake up every day and write things for a living.
Here’s what I focus on:
- Scripted podcasts. As a writer and scripted podcast producer, I love adapting stories for the audio format. There’s something so immersive and intimate about having an entire world in your headphones in a way that transcends your standard audiobook. Check out my show The Last Station to experience what I’m talking about!
- Memoir ghostwriting. I ghostwrite memoirs for people all over the world — and it’s just as fascinating as you can imagine. In my memoir work, I blend my entertainment background with my prose experience to help tell my client’s story in a compelling way. The memoirs I’ve ghostwritten have gone on to be picked up by major publishers and have skyrocketed my clients to the public attention and on TED Talk stages. I believe everyone should write a book about their life to memorialize what they’ve learned and what they want to pass on to future generations.
- Novel writing and nonfiction books. I grew up writing a novel every November for National Novel Writing Month — for six years in a row. Prose is my home, and it feels like a warm blanket to be able to spin stories in 6×9 pages. I’m working on my debut novel now (not my first, but the first I’m ready to share!) and I also am co-authoring a few other books I was commissioned to write that are coming out soon and can’t wait for you to read!
- TV writing & development. In my television writing, I worked my way up from an assistant at the agency Verve and worked for multiple showrunners on shows at places like Netflix and ABC. I worked on the excellent spy show CONDOR (AT&T/Audience Network/Skydance/MGM) where I co-wrote episode 206.
Want to work together? Let me know!
When I’m not writing, I’m spending my time building companies that make the fabric of my reality better.
Here’s the kingdom:
- Kingdom of Pavement. Before COVID came and destroyed the live events world, Kingdom of Pavement was the company I founded to bring together creatives in Los Angeles at monthly open mic nights. After the pandemic hit, we wanted to keep collaborating with the amazing talent in our universe, so we pivoted to scripted podcasts. I run Kingdom of Pavement with my business partner and creative collaborator, Kyle Cords, and we focus on producing bold content from rising creatives you can’t find anywhere else.
- The Last Station is our scripted sci-fi drama about the last radio station at the end of the world, and a radio DJ and nomadic cowboy on a mission to find what’s missing in their lives. This story is my way of processing quarantine and what we mean to each other.
- Just to Be Nominated is our murder mystery set at the Oscars, told through the perspective of two awards-season-podcast-hosts-turned-amateur-detectives.
- And more coming soon 🙂
- Kingdom of Ink. When I was building my freelance career and coming up in Hollywood as a writer, I saw how many creatives struggled just to financially make it work. Kingdom of Ink is the vision Kyle Cords and I came up with to help writers have a holistic freelance career — and to provide clients and companies with access to some of the best rising talent when it comes to top-tier writers. More on our website!
I’m cooking up a few other projects and collaborations also that support a new ecosystem we’ve coined as “Hollywood 2.0.”
Coach & Consultant
When I’m not writing or making things real, I’m helping others do the same.
As a consultant, I help startups and other innovative companies use the power of storytelling in their work. Whether that’s learning how to build a team to make an incredible scripted podcast or approaching how to redesign their content strategy, I utilize my years of SEO + content marketing experience and blend it with my entertainment background to help you capture the audience you’re after.
In my work as a writing coach, I’ve worked with podcast creators, novelists, memoir ghostwriters, and more to help individuals power-up their freelance business and earn a living doing what they love. I offer both one-off sessions and packages to help you accomplish your goals with the stories you want to tell.
You can read more about my coaching and consulting offerings here.
When we’re not living in plague years, I collect a wide assortment of hobbies.
In the good ol’ pre-COVID days, I won first place in a ballroom dancing competition, did archery on occasion and can hit a balloon on a bullseye from 15 feet away. I know how to lockpick and can get out of a pair of police-grade handcuffs in under 60 seconds with only a paperclip, and I can hack into computers thanks to the “information security” class I took at USC. I will win at every game of Monopoly I ever play, and that’s a promise 🙂
I also write about my experience living with the autoimmune disease rheumatoid arthritis, and I write about becoming a soy-free, gluten-free, caffeine-free, and fun-free vegan here on my blog.