Fear and Loathing… & Avocado Toast?
Eaten Alive by the Millennial Underground is a multimedia fiction series written daily by writer Amy Suto. Read the full Millennial Underground series as it’s coming out in the month of November, and subscribe below to get the series straight to your inbox:
Experience the LA Millennial Underground
1. You Don’t Know This City. You think you know this city? You’re wrong.
2. The Green Door. Keke showed up for us, and we always showed up for her. Until the night she went missing.
3. Cinderella Danced Herself Clean. Misty and Trigger go to Dance Yourself Clean at the Satellite to follow a lead — only to run into someone from Misty’s past and receive a puzzling clue.
4. A Los Angeles Love Story, Or: The Boy in the Bodega. A moment in the past between Misty and Jedi, the boy in the bodega.
5. True Cost of a Night Out. Trigger’s mistakes come back to haunt him.
6. A Moment of Millennial Silence. RIP to your youth.
7. You Can’t Kill What’s Already Dead. On the run from those who are hunting them, Trigger and Misty find an unexpected hiding place.
8. Saved by the Remix. In the heat of the chase and the vines of artificial life, Misty and Trigger are saved by an unlikely ally.
9. Fog and Fear. A memory that passes Misty by on the way to Amoeba. Told through black-and-white GIFs.
10. The Hallowed Halls of Amoeba Records. A meeting with the Order of Amoeba turns into a new lead.
11. The Lowes on Pico. You haven’t seen the horrors that really go on in the back of the Lowes on Pico.
12. Echo Rising. In the search for Keke, a new suspect emerges.
13. Dread/Dead in the Dresden.
14. Every Night My Teeth are Falling Out.
15. A Fistful of Polaroids.
16. The Goddess of Hollywood.
The LA Millennial Underground has a specific sound. Start the official playlist, NOT on shuffle, at the very beginning of your journey.
If you shuffle the playlist it’ll still be fun n’ stuff, but it won’t line up as nicely to the story as I’ve tried to make it 🙂 If you know me, then you know MUSic MaTTerS. You’ll also find some original tracks by local singer/songwriters out here in LA in some of the stories as they appear in cameo roles, so be sure to check out the real-life artists by following the links to their Instagram or Spotify accounts.
About the Series
I’ll be honest: I miss the spontaneity of National Novel Writing Month, and that pure sense of creating something new each and every day. Enter: this serialized story.
Every day, I’ll be writing a new addition to this millennial noir story set in the LA Underground.
There’s plenty of crime stories set in the glitzy Hollywood Hills or clubs in Hollywood. What we haven’t seen is where the avocado toast goes to rot and there isn’t a cover fee… because you pay with your life.
I kid. Mostly.
Anyways, this fun, pulpy series is an exploration of what it’s like to see a part of city beyond Hollywood Boulevard. That’s full of a youthful energy and desperation. The other side of the income dividing line: people who call the dance floor at the Satellite home because real home ownership seems like such a pipe dream for our generation at times.
I also love the idea of playing with multimedia and imbuing every story with a sense of place and imagery. So if you don’t read these stories while listening to the official spotify playlist, I will be very disappointed in you.
Ready? Let’s take a trip, fam.